SFFC Ontario Provincial Fly Fishing Championship Rules
- This Championship is a team-based system.
- Two (2) competitors form one (1) team. One of the team members will be the Captain of the team.
- The Captain represents the team in the meetings and is responsible for passing rules and regulations to the team members.
- The team is not locked, team members can be changed throughout one year cycle.
- The Captain holds the name of the team and retains the points of the team along one year cycle, in case the team members formation are changing. In case 2 Captains are paired together for a competition, they must agree which team name they will use.
- All the competitions scheduled to be part of the Provincial Championship will carry points in the Individual and Team Championship Leaderboard Standings.
- Every competitor and/or team will earn points every time they participate into a competition.
Example: Team X have competitor X1 and competitor X2 as members.
- Each competitor earns points by participating into one or more competitions.
- The points system has been establish by the placing at the OPFFC individual competition and according to the number of participants. Total awarded individual points/competition: number of competitors*10. Each subsequent finisher will have their point accrual reduced by 10 points. For ex. A competition with 16 participants. 1st place will get 160points, 2nd place will get 150 points and so on. 16th place will get 10 points. Please notice that 1st place in a competition with 16 participants will get the same points as 5th place in a competition with 20 participants.
|Result||Comp A (16 participants)||CompB (20 participants)|
|1st||160 (competitor X1)||200|
|3rd||140||180 (competitor X1)|
|4th||130 (competitor X2)||170|
- In theindividual only events the competitor earns points for the team in the Championship Leaderboard Standings, if he is registered into with a team in the current year and his teammate is participating in the same event.
- Each team earns points by participating into one or more competitions.
- The points system has been establish by the placing at a OPFFC team only competition and according to the number of participating teams. Total awarded team points/competition number of teams * 10.
For ex. A competition with 8 teams. 1st place will get 80 points, 2nd place will get 70 points and so on. 8th place (last) will get 10 points. Please notice that 1st place in a competition with 8 teams will get the same points as 3th place in a competition with 10 teams.
|Teams Result||Comp A (8 teams)||CompB (10 teams)|
|2nd||70 (Team X)||90|
|5th||40||60 (Team X)|
Note: Team members will get half of the team points towards the final individual result.
An example of points awarded:
Competitor X1: 160 (from Comp A) + 180 (from Comp B) + 35 (from Comp A teams; 70/2) = 375
In the team only competitions the individual will carry a cumulated value of championship points into the Championship Individual Leaderboard Standings.